<< Home > << unfilteredunfettered
Unfiltered and Unfettered covers politics, social and cultural issues, from a no-nonsense, logical yet common guy approach
January 2014 Episodes:
- Episode 33: The Winter of my Discontent
- Discontented show for you tonight. The white death blankets much of us in the south and weâ€™re not handling it well. Add to that a State of the Union speech that doesnâ€™t really detail the state of the union and well, youâ€™re left with two crabby podcasters.
No matter the show goes on, as it must.
And a little Carney shall lead themâ€¦
The circus is in full swing at the White House. After putting out enrollment figures for Obamacare, Major Garret questions Carney about validity. Carney replies, â€œI never said that.â€ Garret reads Carneyâ€™s exact words from a press conference not days before. Methinks Jay has lost control of the Big Top.
Do you know who I am!
NY Congressman Michael Grimm (R) does a live TV interview at the conclusion of the State of the Union speech. Grimm gets upset. Grimm threatens to â€œbreak the reporter in half like a little boyâ€ and â€œtoss him over the railing of the 2nd floor in the capital building. All this on live TV. Awesome. He later goes on Fox (of course) to say he lost his composure. Really? REALLY?
State of the State of the Union
Itâ€™s bad folks. I mean itâ€™s really bad. The State of the Union speech has become a joke. First of all there is no requirement for the Pres to give a speech. It can just be submitted in writing. President Woodrow Wilson brought us the permanent speech giving. Jefferson had refused to do it during his two terms. We need to take Tom cue. Itâ€™s a complete farce. Listen in our podcast to find out more.
All this plus a great Five Best Speeches in History. Donâ€™t be the only kid on your block to miss out! Click the link!
Podcast Season 2 Episode 33: The winter of my discontent.
- Episode 32: Its not the shock, its the fall
- A lot of shocking revelations about some of our favorite politicians have surfaced this week and their falls from high atop the thing have begun. Governor Chris Christie and Texas Gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis enter the nut cruncher that is hardball politics. The question is, will they be crushed by the truth or by the media? We report, you decide!
Bridge over troubled water
The bridge scandal is ongoing, but now a New Jersey Mayor is accusing Christie of withholding Hurricane Sandy relief funds unless she plays political ball on a real-estate deal. The Mayor of Hoboken may regret burning that bridge.
Everything's bigger in Texas
And that includes the lies and the lying liars that tell them. Abortion Barbie has apparently fabricated some of her past.
Then she outright lied about it under oath in court. The pink shoes were great, too bad there's not much substance in them. Will it keep her from being Governor?
The coolest of runnings
They did it again. The Jamaican National Bobsled Team has qualified for the Winter Olympics in Sochi. The two man team still needs some funds to make the trip. We must make this happen!
All this plus a great Five Best Sports Movies segment, and a deep Is this Racist discussion.
- Episode 31: Hittin for the cycle: Hillary to Heartbreaker
- What a show we have tonight. We are all over the globe. The crack news staff at UF/UF is tracking stories on everything from Hillaryâ€™s political hit list to Justin Bieberâ€™s suspicion of assault with a deadly egg. Is Hillary done for? Bieber is a Canadian immigrant, will this eggcitement get him deported?
And so it beginsâ€¦
NC Senator Kay Hagen (D) skips Obama even in her home state. Says itâ€™s cause she has business in DC. Nuh Uh. Sheâ€™s getting distance from Obamcare, wildly unpopular in North Carolina. Whoâ€™s the next rat to jump from Obamaâ€™s Titanic?
As the Worm turns
First he gets drunk, goes on CNN to extol virtues of Kim Jong UN. Now Rodman is having buyers remorse. Crying in front of reporters after arriving in US, Rodman apologizes over and over. Dennis, is that because you made an ass/traitor of yourself or because you and a bunch of retired NBA stiffs lost to the North Korean National team?
Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on Christie in the bridge-gate scandal? Donâ€™t hold your breath. This may have been what he said it was. Regardless, polls show itâ€™s not hurt him one bit in NJ. Nationally heâ€™s slipped behind Hill-dogg in race for the WH. But itâ€™s still early 2014. My gut says this doesnâ€™t affect the presumptive Republican nominee at all.
- Episode 30: A Bridge Too Far
- Accidental gun firings, and a lane closure on a bridge backs up trafficâ€¦and maybe Chris Christie. Rodman goes crazy, and the boys discuss cheese conspiracies. In a new bit they discuss Dee Dee McCaronâ€™s tweet, and in an old bit they ask the question â€œWho would you rather have beer with?â€ Donâ€™t miss Unfiltered Unfettered Episode 30 â€œA Bridge Too Far.â€
- Episode 29: New year, Old news
- Season 2 Episode 1: New Year Old News.
Is it Season 2 Episode 1 or Episode 29? Either way, weâ€™re out of the gate with some great gems to start 2014. Kim Jong Un has a new ski resort to start off the new year, NFL playoff predictions are in order, as well as a dip into some political conspiracy. Sonia Sotomayor makes a decision, then heads to Times Square to drop the ball. The UfUf top five list covers the top 5 odd political moments of 2013.
Unfiltered Unfettered; weâ€™re busting out of the gate for 2014, donâ€™t miss it. All this and more on: New Year Old News.